Learn skibob riding with the skibob coach and 4-times skibob world champion Jacek Stalmach, Master of Sports Science.
We guarantee lessons at the highest level with lots of fun.
With our know-how (since 1978) we are constantly developing new training methods and skibob techniques as well as innovative and individual skibob models.
Our learning goals
- Latest skibob technique
- Skibob lift transport with all types of ski lifts
- Foot ski technique
- Handling the skibob (settings and operation)
- Safety on and off the slopes
- Slopes topography
When and where does the skibob lessons take place?
Courses start regularly at 9:00 am, daily.
On request at the Skibob Academy – Training Center “Aberg Bergbahnen” or “Asitz Bergbahnen”
- Address: “Aberg Bergbahnen” 5761 Maria Alm, Unterberg 27
- Address: “Asitz Bergbahnen” in Leogang, 5771 Rain, Rain 132
Skibob lessons in other places.
All skibob lessons can be provided in other locations, the below costs will apply.
The car travel costs for the skibob instructor from 5760 Saalfelden
€ 0.60 / km round trip. Travel costs at least € 25.
We carry out our skibob lessons also worldwide, according to customer requirements.
Any flight, accommodation and lift ticket costs for the skibob coach are to be paid for by the customer.
SKIBOB LESSON Price – per person / day
Minimum duration of lessons: 1 day (about 4 hours) on snow.
Half day skibob lessons are available to be booked in the afternoon.
* The instructor will guide and assist with the instructor handlebar and/or with additional safety lines. This can be for students with or without disability.
These prices do not include the rental fees for skibob equipment (skibob, foot ski, foot system).
All efforts are made to keep prices as low as possible therefore no discounts are available.
SKIBOB LESSONS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY
For many years (as the only skibob company in the world) we specialize in the development of skibobs and training methods for people with disabilities.
Thanks to our KNOW – HOW, it is our pleasure to teach skibob riding to almost any person with disabilities.
What’s the process?
- You will receive a questionnaire from us via e-mail.
- Your information helps us to prepare well and to cater for your needs.
- All details are discussed via telephone, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber or WeChat.
- For each person with musculoskeletal pains or problems, impairments and / or disabilities, a professional sports science and sports psychology analysis will be carried out at the first meeting in our company headquarters.
- All information is kept confidential.
- In the case of lessons for persons with disabilities, the participant must also provide an accompanying person as a support person.
- This person must be a good skier.
For our students with disabilities we have two goals:
- Skibob riding with a support person behind the skibob supporting the student with instructor handlebars and / or with safety lines.
- Skibob riding independently without a support person.
During the skibob lessons the following physical and mental abilities are excercised and improved:
- Strength and endurance
- Quick power
- Isometric force
- Reaction speed
- Spine is stabilized and strengthened
- Nerve synapses are activated
- Neuromuscular leads are significantly improved
- Excitation in a neuron system is established
- There are usually changes, the pulse pattern originating from peripheral nerves on its way to the brain
- Selective serotonin absorption is improved and through this process Serotonin, the “happiness hormone”, increases.
- Persons with incomplete paraplegia even get sore muscles, especially in the legs after the skibob lessons
- Fears are reduced
- Mental strength is built up
- Self-confidence is strengthened
- Self-esteem is boosted
- Social and family integration for the student
- A great, positive feeling on the slopes for the student and their family
BOOKING Skibob lessons
You can book with us by Form, e-mail or by phone..
Tel. +43 (0)6582 – 75747
We are happy to help.
Fitness program via Skype
To ensure an optimal preparation for the “Skibob” adventure, we recommend personal fitness training on Skype with Master of Sports Science Jacek Stalmach.
This is due to many of our skibob students, either with or without disability, often not being physically fit enough to maximise the learning experience on how to ride a skibob.
Also on the slopes there is the unfamiliar high altitude and other stress factors that come into play. These factors can lead to faster energy loss and impair the learning progress.
We recommend independent training at home with 3 to 5 training sessions per week.
Prices – Skype Training
A fitness program lasts for about 4 weeks.
Before each training class we need the following information from you:
– Height & Body weight
– Whether you have any experience with skibobbing, skiing or snowboarding.
– Desired location and the date of the skibob lessons.
– All information is kept confidential.
Please bring the following items to your skibob lessons or skibob trip:
› Winter clothing
› Ski boots or snowboard boots
› Ski gloves
› Goggles and / or sunglasses
› Sunscreen, lip protection
› Drinking bottle and energy bars or snacks
› We recommend wearing a ski helmet during lessons
Any required lift tickets and accommodation costs for the student must be paid by the student. We are happy to assist you with any additional information.
All prices include Austrian VAT.
Payment can be made either in cash on site or in advance by bank transfer. No credit cards or checks.
Each customer receives a cost estimate in advance.
We accept no liability for injuries or damage!.